Saturday, February 12, 2011

Welcome to True Gamer

Hey I’m Theo. Like the others I define myself as a “gamer”, but I look less on the competitive side of gaming and more on the side that develops it as an art form in interactive media. Games explore life styles, stories and fantasies in a way no other medium can, through interactivity. The ability for a player to define when they move forward, why they move forward or even if they move forward is interactivity – decisions, control, personal and intercharacterial development (new word there! see if it catches on).
Also to focus on is I’m more of a budget gamer, I try a lot of demos and free to play games but rarely get the chance to buy a game and completely sink my teeth into it. That is another thing I want to focus on, trying to unleash the gamer in everyone on a zero…anything budget =D.
My first game to my memory was Hocus Pocus, floppy disk and all, side scrolling wizard shooter ABSOLUTELY INSANE GRAFIX (like what, 5 pixels?) but the first game that truly got me hooked was the oddworld series (Abe’s exodus and odyssey) with incredible story telling and level design, well…oddworld AND Star Craft, and I know that needs no introduction.

More entries to come soon from everyone at True Gamer, hope readers enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment